Outdoor furniture doesn’t have to mean lawn chairs and picnic tables. In this article, we are going to show you how to make your patio look great. Using our experience of serving the Surrey, BC, area, we are going to show you how you can get an instant outdoor look. We will guide you if you don’t have a lot of money to start out with, or if you want to upgrade and have investment pieces.
So let’s start with the points below:
- Browse online: A first practical step to start with your patio makeover is to do your research online. Take the time to sit online and browse through the different styles in fashion. Learn the materials that you’re going to need and checkout the price differences of different styles. Generally, the more expensive furniture items will have a premium fabric feel, while the cheaper ones will feel plasticky upon touch. If you have a friend or an acquaintance with an interest in home decor, ask them to join in with you for suggestions.
- Rental vs Owned: If you are living in a rental place, you will be better off with limiting your budget since you are not going to stay in the place forever. You will be saving money and ensuring that you would not have to dump all the furniture once you move out to another place or your own place. Moreover, with age, your financial status will improve and this will allow you to spend more on quality furniture that will last the test of time.
- Foliage: You can get great real foliage and then arrange them in your preferred style. On the other hand, you can get good faux plants, which look fantastic and last forever. While you would need to spend time and energy on maintaining real foliage, the faux variant requires no effort. However, also keep in mind that real foliage will give your patio a fresh feeling and allow you to enjoy clean air while you sit there.
- Pay attention to scale: This is really important. Whether you’re looking for patio furniture at the higher end or you are going for a budget buy, the scale and proportion should be the same. Your patio space should not look too empty or too crowded.
- Take your time: With this last point, it kind of brings us full circle back to the first. You should really know what you are looking for exactly and do your research. Don’t rush into it, especially when you are on a budget and are looking to get the same look at a higher end. One mistake in judgement can spoil your whole arrangement and create a snowball effect that will be disastrous in terms of money and time spent.
This concludes our guide for patio furniture buying. This should set you on the right track to start purchasing. There is no one perfect patio design, you can always add your bit of inspiration and creativity to your space to really bring out its character. If you are still in doubt after reading this guide, you can reach out to us for more suggestions.