Your wedding is one of the most precious moments of your life, but planning it can also become a super stressful task. In this article, we are going to help you check one thing off your list: getting a wedding caterer.
Wedding catering can be as much as 50% of your overall wedding budget, so there’s a few things that you should know before you start calling and meeting with caterers:
- The first thing is to decide on your overall catering budget. With the catering budget being 50% of your wedding dollars, make sure you have a good idea of what your guest count is going to be. Another thing to consider is whether you are going to feed some of your vendors that are there for the entire event. Usually your photographer and your DJ are there for the whole reception, and if you have an event coordinator or someone from the facility, then you need to keep them in mind as well. These people would add to your guest count.
- Another thing to be thinking about is what level of formality are you going for with your event? Do you have in mind a really fun, sort of stand up cocktail sort of a bash, or a beautiful, elegant sit down dinner? There are other options as well, you can do a buffet or you could also do food stations which are very popular now. It’s a good idea to have in mind what you would like for your wedding reception before you meet with your caterer so they can make the appropriate food suggestions and know what items to include in their proposal for your catering budget.
- The next point to keep in mind is what do your shortlisted caterers provide. Some caterers actually provide a lot of services such as service staff, presentation, waiting, besides the food. Many caterers provide linens, salt and pepper shakers, glass centerpieces, things to really help jazz up your wedding reception. You really want to know what they are providing and be able to see them. Having a look at their presentation services is also important. If it’s linens, for example, you know what color selections are available for you and what the quality is like. Because you might just decide if it isn’t up to your standard, you might want something a little nicer or it might be just fine.
- Another thing to ask your caterer is what is the ratio of service staff to your guests? It is very important that you want your guests to be well taken care of. You want a larger ratio of service staff to the number of guests that you have. That way any food will be replenished quickly, the dishes with be cleared away quickly and the cake will be served quickly.
- The last important point to note is to ask the caterer if they provide a take home basket or box. With so much going on with your wedding reception, ceremonial items, like cutting your cake, the first dance, tossing the bouquet, toasts, visiting with your wedding guests and having fun, the time is going to go by so quickly! Many times the newlywed couple doesn’t really have a chance to eat much. So, by the time you get back to the hotel you could be starving! Wouldn’t it be nice to have a little snack or some of your leftover wedding food later when you’re not so distracted with all the fun things going on at your wedding reception.
At PricePro catering, we are at your service to make your moments special and memorable. Reach out to us to get to know about our complete services and also receive a quote for your request.